This is high altitude trail running, so proper acclimatization is a must. The run is basically downhill, though there are two very steep uphill sections. There may be snow and ice on the upper part and considerable exposure along much of the marathon route. Past experience of rough trails is essential. This is one of the most spectacular marathons of the world. Our marathon package begins from Delhi, or if you like you can also join at our Yuksam base camp.
Cut out time of the race is 8 hours. Marathon Marshalls will be present throughout the race route and also at the back of the last stragglers to make sure everyone reaches safe and sound at Yuksom.
The aid stations along the event route will be 3-6K apart and will have water, bananas and Coke. You will need to bring a means to carry fluids and any additional food choices of your preference during the event.
This is a hiking trail and as the official marathon of Sikkim, trekkers along this route have been advised to give way to runners. Marathon marshals will be present along the route to keep the trail clear for runners.
Toilets will be located at all aid stations with toilet paper but you should also carry some of your own in case of emergencies.
There will be a compulsory medical chek by our medical team at Yuksom and at the base camp (start of the race) to check that all participants are fit and are not having any effects of altitude
RACE DATE: NOV 6, 2017
- Entry to Kanchenjunga Marathon, Half
- English Speaking race Officials.
- Running T-shirt
- Finisher certificate & medal
- Supplies on the route
- Time taking and results service
- Medical team
- Standard Hotel accommodation for 05 nights
- Transfer & excursion as per itinerary
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinners as peritinerary
- Snack after the race
- English speaking tour guide
- Transportation from the airport
Domestic train. flights
- International flights to/from India
- Personal expenses
- Tips for local guides and driver (Rs. 150 per personper day is recommended)
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Cancellation insurance due to illness or injury priorto departure
- Travel and health insurance (Strongly Recommend)
- International Departure Airport Tax
- Anything not mentioned under” Price includes”